Friday, September 7, 2012

Cleaning house

I am just dreadful at cleaning house. I see all the time these articles and blogs and schedules on how to do it. And ... I can't. I don't. I won't. I refuse? It's so overwhelming to me. Am I doing it right? Enough? It's impossible. I feel better equipped to give shots to people.

Same thing with crafts. On pinterest. I got dragged onto pinterest like I did onto Facebook. And what's there? Millions of crafts and meals that are so beyond my attention span...Will I ever, in reality, make my own chalkboard paint or sew my own ombré curtains? Am I less of a person because I didn't make chicken parmesan meatloaf muffins or Santa strawberries?

I fancy myself a good cook, I can make my own bread and my boeuf bourgignon is worthy of a Parisian cafe. But I can't - or won't - make witches' brooms using pretzels sticks.

I also did a Groupon thing at one of those make ahead meal places. I made 15 meals. I froze them. They are supposed to save me time. They only annoyed me. Took up way too much room in the freezer and didn't taste all that great. And weren't very convenient.

I guess my point is this: if something will make my life run smoother, look prettier, or work faster, I'm not interested in it on any level.

No comments: